David and GoliathBlue EyedFatal AttractionDSC_0996Mussel Pool Duck cropHillarys stormLife CycleDSC_0964

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Done with the fun !

Good news and bad news... I was not called from Sydney last Monday, also not after leaving a message the next day at the voicemail of that manager. But... this morning I was called by the recruitment office through which I have had an interview at a IT-support company for a role as change manager (and for which I did not get the contract because of budget problems).
They were urgently looking for a change-cöordinator (to start on a 3 months contract), and they asked if I would be available on short notice. Of course my answer was yes, and after the recruitment agency contacted the company again, I have signed the contract this morning. I am expected to start coming Monday, and I will be visiting them tomorrow morning to meet some people and get some reading material.

So, suddenly the fun has come to an end. Only 4 days of freedom left and then I will have to work too. Although nice to get back in a work situation (meeting new people etc) and being able to contribute to our bread and butter (;-) too, I will be missing my freedom of the last weeks (hmmmm, months really). I will now have a lot less hours to 'play' with my photography...

BTW: The company where I am going to work is the same where Ellen works, only in a different building (closer to a trainstation too ;-). So, from now on we will be again working for the same company just like we did back in Holland for the last 3 years.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job, Peter!
    Good on ya, mate.
    Please congratulate your Sheila also with her job.

    Bye (en de mazzel!)
    Ronald Strivechurch

    ReplyDelete