David and GoliathBlue EyedFatal AttractionDSC_0996Mussel Pool Duck cropHillarys stormLife CycleDSC_0964

Saturday, March 28, 2009

My old piano....

About 11 years ago, while still living in The Netherlands, an old wish came through. I bought an electrical baby Grand Piano and started to take piano lessons. We found a piano teacher with the same love for music as we did and Peter and I had a lot of fun during our piano lessons for about a year. But then her father suddenly and unexpectedly died and we never saw her again!
A replacement teacher took over, but she was like a school teacher for juniors and treated us that way! A second replacement teacher (Peter already had stopped playing) expected far too much, so the piano lesson became a stressful event and the fun was completely gone. So I stopped as well.
Meanwhile our life was busy and without us noticing it, the years flew by without touching the piano.

Before we migrated to Australia I still wanted the piano to join us, because you would never know, I might want to start taking lessons again? So, it migrated with us and took the long journey in the sea container.
We are in Australia for 3 years now and we noticed a music tuition school about 1.5 year ago and gathered some information. Again we were very busy and still I took no action to actually start taking lessons.

But then we rearranged part of our home which triggered the move of the piano. Again the question popped up…………. should I sell it?
In the same period we had visitors who saw the piano and they asked how it sounded. Peter showed a demo song played by the piano (it is electrical) and I was completely hooked again. No, of course I should not sell the piano, but in stead I should start taking piano lessons!
So ………three weeks ago (it was about time!) I started taking piano lessons and really enjoy it. They are using here the same type of learning books as we did in Europe and I am actually using my old Dutch piano book again to catch up the lost knowledge. It is amazing how much your hands still seem to remember after so many years!

Ellen piano

No comments:

Post a Comment