David and GoliathBlue EyedFatal AttractionDSC_0996Mussel Pool Duck cropHillarys stormLife CycleDSC_0964

Saturday, May 27, 2006

On the bike to Freo (Fremantle)

Today we did another nice bike ride from Scarborough Beach Road (=Perth) to Fremantle. This time we rode 47 km. Again some more than last week. Unfortunately the Fremantle Doctor (the seabreeze from the south west) did not show up today, and we even had a bit of head wind all the way (and back).

Last week has (as usual by now) gone by in an instant. Ellen had an interview at a big recruitment firm to talk about possibilities. It was a very good interview, and possibly an interview with a company will follow somewhere next week.

Since it was a week ago that I had sent in my application for a job that I would absolutely like, I (Peter) called the contact at that firm to ask if there would be any news. The reaction was: "hopefully in the next couple of weeks will be decided which applicants will be invited for an interview". Now I thought I did not understand correctly, so I checked: "Did you say the next days or the next weeks?"... You'll guess, the answer was: "In the next couple of weeks". I do understand that they want to be sure to find the right person, but I was wondering if this is the typical 'laid back' way of life .. ;-) Of course, I do not mind not having to work for another couple of weeks (almost like a sabattical ;-) but I will of course keep on pursuing other job opportunities too..

This week we also got the plans of the house, so we are now also (on paper) trying to decide which furniture goes where, and what furniture we need besides what is on its way.. This will probably consume a fair part of our thoughts for the next weeks ;-).

Then tomorrow we will go to Gosnells where a 'Dutch cultural community day' will be. Having looked at the website, we expect we will see a lot of old fashioned Dutch activities (like dancing on clomps ;-), but it might be fun to just have a look anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment